Monday, November 24, 2014

A little too Naive

    There have been those time where my heart has saved me. When all that was keeping me alive was the blood pumping through my heart. That relentless bastard. Now looking back, I am thankful that I was saved because I could not enjoy the sun never refusing to shine, the way our eyes meet and we smile, the time we got caught being a little too naive.

    Those time where even breathing took all of my energy and it was all I could do to stay alive. The times when i couldn't even stay in the same room my heart just couldn't take it. The days my heart could do noting but bleed through the page of my journal.

    What I didn't understand is I have people on my side and not yours. It may have taken me a few fights, falls and bruises but because of them, I have my own whole army. Him, mom, lion, BCS, angel, dad, Ky, 2 face, and the list goes on and on. They are here to catch me when my firm ground is all burnt down. 

    Grace in their eyes. My saving grace. For once I am saved and for once I like it. Save me and never let go. I have things I want to do and dreams I want to accomplish. I just need a boost and a hand to hold on along the way. My saving grace is you. The person that says hi to me, the person that shows up at 3 am. The person that goes to Hawaii and still is helping you from that distance. 

Grace is a runner 
Every night she sets off alone 
Mile after mile 
Each stride farther from home 
Her pace never changes 
The peace she finds 
It never takes hold 
Why does she feel so alone 
No one really noticed 
Never bothered 
To see the signs 
Why does he choose 
To be blind 
Pushed ever farther 
Doesn't matter 
What she may want 
Just tear out your heart 
And go home 
Her minds always racing 
She knows she must 
Leave him behind 
The crushing weight 
Escapes with a sigh 
Grace is a runner 
No longer does she 
Set of alone 
Now each stride she takes 
Is toward home

Dear Heart, PS: Thank you for never giving up on me. I know I was tuff.

4 comments:

  1. "That relentless bastard"

    I dont know why this sentence stood out to me, but it just did. There are so many things in life that we take for granted. We are given so much. As soon as we realize all these things, we will have a clearer conscious, and feel not so alone. Fantastic Post. I loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "There have been those time when my heart has saved me.... Now looking back, I am thankful that I was saved" This post hit me. I couldn't agree more with that sentence and so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the crap.

    i just read this out loud (idk why) but it was really really really good.

    ReplyDelete